Are you someone who likes independency combined with responsibility? Trust, creativity, authenticity and return on reputation are the core values that you want to share with us and our customers every day. To support the further development of our team in Portugal, we are looking for a full-time Country Manager and Coastal, ports & river lead. Your role and responsibilities will be:
- Country Manager Portugal role :
- Developing strategic and operational plans in liaison with the shareholders
- Recruiting new staff and supporting their growth
- Business development and networking with partners and clients
- Monitoring performance at all levels and adapting where needed
- Coastal, ports and rivers lead :
- Client relations, business development activities and R&D initiatives in this market
- Technical and project management: responsible for projects from tender phase to project execution and delivering the end product
- Providing or assuring the technical expertise needed in the projects
- Developing our R&D activities
People make the difference! Sharing the same values provides connectivity and joy. We search for people who transform their experiences into development and solutions:
- You find it attractive to take-up a key-position in a flexible & agile company in Portugal
- You want to combine your engineering background with nature enhancing solutions
- You recognise that interdependence is a higher value than independence and get energised by partnerships and connecting different disciplines
- You have the ability to inspire others to find their path, you are a leader for the team, with an open-mind and empathy
- You are interested in bridging the gap between fundamental research (in coastal resilience, river restoration, port infrastructure, …) and the engineering practice
- Your intellectual independency and personal growth is worth more to you than a routine working environment
Do you recognize yourself into this profile?
- PhD in coastal or river engineer, with international experience
- About 5-10 years of experience in consultancy, including design and project management
- Acquainted with the international guidelines related to engineering & nature based solutions
- Experience in R&D, including collaboration with research institutes and writing proposals
- Business development experience or keen to develop this
- Experience with the use of planning tools (e.g. MSProject) and experience in project management (PRINCE2 or equivalent) and setting-up financial plans and strategies
- Communicative fluency (both in Portuguese and English) and interest in managing projects
- A flexible, growth-mindset and positive attitude
- Coaching skills, a regenerative leadership and live-learning attitude
What do we offer?
Growth and self-development:
At HAEDES you can be yourself. Combine your soul and science skills! Your personal growth, passion and development is important for us. That is why we offer you a creative and stimulating environment with varied content in which you can further develop your expertise. We commit ourselves to offer you support with personal guidance and coaching, the opportunity to follow training courses and exchange knowledge with colleagues with years of experience.
A unique working context:
- An organization as a living-system, which is able to rapidly sense and respond to the ever-changing business climate by engaging, co-creating and innovating with the stakeholders
- A human-centred, possibility driven, holistic & (eco)system thinking environment that has impact on reducing the cause of climate change and the loss of bio-diversity
- In Portugal and sporadically on mission to our Belgian office and our international clients
- A company where return on reputation goes above return on investment
- A nurturing environment, surrounded with experts with passion, knowledge & a lot of humor
A complete remuneration package:
We pay attention to sustainability, by keeping the work pleasant and interesting in the long term. We aspire to a working place that encourages people to live in harmony with each other and with their environments. Working in a flexible way, sometimes remote, sometimes at the office or on location worldwide, will contribute to harmony in your life. This means in practice:
- Remuneration according to your experience, skills and responsibilities
- A share in the success of the company by means of an annual bonus (result dependent)
- Personal training plan and courses both on a technical level and on self-development
We enable independent, talent oriented and creative consultancy & engineering for challenges at our coasts, estuaries, rivers & oceans. We provide engineering based on a nature enhanced framework & system thinking. Regenerative development and design has our preference. We aspire to focus on nature based solutions, to improve resilience, contribute to real sustainable solutions and positively impact bio-diversity and wellbeing of communities.
Are you the right person in the right place?
Please don’t wait any longer. We look forward to getting to know you. Send your application and motivation to email@example.com and touch our soul. Please refer to “Vacancy 2021/P1 – Country Manager”.