The aim of the project is to establishing a report, including workshops with stakeholders, on the a number of policy questions for the European Commission.
The following policy questions are answered:
- What are the main processes, factors and drivers that will shape future MSP development over the next 20 years?
- What are the long-term trends of climate change, and what are the main MSP-LSI impacts? What is the main impact on land of maritime activities? And vice versa? How can terrestrial and maritime spatial planning better consider these impacts?
- What could be the potential territorial consequences of MSP on development in the areas of urban/rural development, the environment, coastal communities, energy and the blue economy?
- How can coastal communities adapt to climate change and associated sea-level changes while also building a sustainable and resilient blue economy?
- What role can/should MSP play in improving the sustainability of blue and green growth?