To strengthen our projects in offshore energy in Belgium, we are looking for an experienced, civil engineer with expertise related to offshore cable installation.
At HAEDES you will find the opportunity to explore your passion and skills in various offshore energy projects, including energy islands, where you can use your knowledge in engineering, planning and design of offshore energy, energy island, and coastal works, following state-of-the-art guidelines & standards. You will be able to develop with us the design of innovative and nature based solutions for challenges at and around offshore structures, specifically offshore cables and pipelines. Critical use of international standards and cable laying and cable burial assessments methodologies is a key element to support your solutions, as well as knowledge of seabed dynamics and cable/structure interfaces. You have an open mindset in search for innovation.
People make the difference! Sharing the same values provides connectivity and joy. We search for people who want to transform their experiences into development and solutions. You can expect a nurturing environment, surrounded with experts with passion, knowledge and a humor.
Inspiring and providing solutions to tackle the cause of problems, not the consequences. That’s what drives you? Are you someone who likes variety and challenges, independency and freedom combined with responsibility and support? Are you passionate about the offshore environment, offshore energy, cable laying, geotechnics, the needs for energy islands, the interaction between cables and the water, sediment and structures? Are you interested in conceptual design, setting up tender documents, the impact of the marine environment on offshore cables and pipelines? Would you like to contribute to R&D projects in which nature based solutions, design and physical modelling are combined?
Trust, creativity, authenticity, autonomy and return on reputation are the core values that you want to share with us and our customers every day.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? You have:
- A MSc degree in marine/civil engineering and 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Critical knowledge of and experience with offshore engineering, cable installation design, cable burial risk assessment, blended with a passion for innovation.
- As a plus : a PhD degree, geotechnical knowledge, structure wave interaction, Python programming or statistical data analysis.
- A sense for independency and responsibility.
- Communicative fluency and interest in managing projects.
- A flexible, growth-mindset and positive attitude.
- Empathy, a constructive attitude to deal with different viewpoints and opinions.
- An interest in adventure, in the unknown and being a pioneer.
What do we offer?
Soul and self-development
At HAEDES you can be yourself. Combine your soul and science skills! Your personal growth, passion and development are the basis to write a story together. That is why we offer you a creative and stimulating environment with varied content in which you can further develop your expertise. We commit ourselves to offer you support with personal guidance and coaching, the opportunity to follow training courses and exchange knowledge with colleagues with years of experience.
A unique working context:
- An organization as a living-system, which is able to rapidly sense and respond to the ever-changing business climate by engaging, co-creating and innovating with the stakeholders
- A human-centred, possibility driven, holistic & (eco)system thinking environment that has impact on reducing the cause of climate change and the loss of bio-diversity
- In Belgium and sporadically on mission to our other offices and our international clients
- A company where return on reputation goes above return on investment
- A nurturing environment, surrounded with experts with passion, knowledge & a lot of humor
We pay attention to sustainability, by keeping the work pleasant and interesting in the long term. We aspire to a working place that encourages people to live in harmony with each other and with their environments. Working in a flexible way, sometimes remote, sometimes at the office or on location worldwide, will contribute to harmony in your life. Also towards remuneration. This means in practice:
- Remuneration according to your experience, skills and responsibilities.
- Personal training plan both on a technical level and on self-development.
- A share in the success of the company by means of an annual result dependent bonus.
We enable independent, talent oriented and creative consultancy & engineering for challenges at our coasts, estuaries, rivers & oceans. We provide engineering based on a nature enhanced framework & system thinking. Regenerative development and design has our preference. We aspire to focus on nature based solutions, to improve resilience, contribute to real sustainable solutions and positively impact bio-diversity and wellbeing of communities.
Are you the right person in this place?
Please don’t wait any longer. We look forward to getting to know you. Send your application and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and touch our soul. Please refer to “Vacancy 2023/08 – Offshore engineer”.