Are you someone who likes independency combined with responsibility? Trust, creativity, authenticity and return on reputation are the core values that you want to share with us and our customers every day. For our activities in the blue economy (www.haedes.eu) we are looking for a river or marine ecologist intern. Your role and responsibilities will be:
- Literature search, analysis of data and prediction of human activities’ impact on the environment and biodiversity regarding marine and / or river environment.
- Providing ecological assistance in our practical engineering solutions based on natural intelligence
- Writing proposals and / or commercial offers
- Involvement in R&D projects regarding marine and / or rivers environment
People make the difference! Sharing the same values provides connectivity and joy. We search for people who transform their experiences into development and solutions:
- You find it attractive to take-up a key-position in a flexible & agile company in Belgium, with additional presence in Portugal ?
- You want to combine your ecological background with nature enhancing engineering solutions ?
- You are interested in bridging the gap between fundamental research (in coastal resilience, river restoration, port infrastructure, …) and the engineering practice.
- Your intellectual independency and personal growth is worth more to you than a routine working environment.
Do you recognize yourself into this profile?
- Ecologist, Biologist, … with focus on marine or/and riverine environments
- Master diploma, experience is no must, but appreciated
- Scientific and technical skills in environmental matters (ecosystem functioning, environmental management, regulations, … ).
- Fluent in English and either native French speaker or native Flemish speaker; any other language knowledge (especially Spanish) is a plus.
- Preferably EU – citizen.
What do we offer?
Growth and self-development:
At HAEDES you can be yourself. Combine your soul and science skills! Your personal growth, passion and development is important for us. That is why we offer you a creative and stimulating environment with varied content in which you can further develop your expertise. We commit ourselves to offer you support with personal guidance and coaching, the opportunity to follow training courses and exchange knowledge with colleagues with years of experience.
A unique working context:
- An organization as a living-system, which is able to rapidly sense and respond to the ever-changing business climate by engaging, co-creating and innovating with the stakeholders
- A human-centred, possibility driven, holistic & (eco)system thinking environment that has impact on reducing the cause of climate change and the loss of bio-diversity
- A company where return on reputation goes above return on investment
- A nurturing environment, surrounded with experts with passion, knowledge & a lot of humor
- A small , flexible company, but with international large projects where you can learn on the fast lane !
A remuneration package according to the legal Flemish BIS-system (Beroepsinlevingsstage (BIS) | Vlaanderen.be), maximum of 6 months full-time internship with clear possibility to develop into a formal employment contract. Start is foreseen from August onwards, but is flexible.
We pay attention to sustainability, by keeping the work pleasant and interesting in the long term. We aspire to a working place that encourages people to live in harmony with each other and with their environments. Working in a flexible way, sometimes remote, sometimes at the office or on location worldwide, will contribute to harmony in your life.
We enable independent, talent oriented and creative consultancy & engineering for challenges at our coasts, estuaries, rivers & oceans. We provide engineering based on a nature enhanced framework & system thinking. Regenerative development and design have our preference. We aspire to focus on nature-based solutions, to improve resilience, contribute to real sustainable solutions and positively impact bio-diversity and wellbeing of communities.
Are you the right person in the right place?
Please don’t wait any longer. We look forward to getting to know you. Send your application and motivation to Renaat.email@example.com and touch our soul. Please refer to “Vacancy 2021/B3 – Marine/River Ecologist”.